Suppose you were in a motorcycle accident that resulted from the negligence of another driver or road user in Connecticut. In that case, state law allows you to seek damages for your physical injuries and losses.
You should hire a Connecticut motorcycle accident lawyer when pursuing compensation for a motorbike accident. At Aeton Law, we have some of the state’s most reputable motorcycle accident attorneys. Our auto accident lawyers are ready to provide you with top-notch legal advice throughout the claims process.
Contact us today to schedule your free case review. Let us help you with your Connecticut motorcycle accident claim. Call us at (860) 724-2160
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help With My Compensation Claim?
Here are some ways our skilled motorcycle accident lawyers in Connecticut can help with your claim:
Collecting evidence in your case
Our attorneys will exhaustively investigate your motorcycle collision and collect all evidence, dashcam footage, eyewitness accounts, and accident photos.
Compiling and filing your case paperwork
Our Connecticut motorcycle accident lawyers will obtain all the paperwork needed, including your medical records and police accident report, and file your personal injury claim.
Handling settlement negotiations
Aeton Law attorneys in charge of your case will take control of settlement negotiations with the insurance company to ensure you get decent compensation.
Taking the case to court
If the insurance company declines to offer you decent compensation, our attorneys will take your case to court and fight for justifiable compensation before the judge and jury.
What are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents commonly involve collisions with bicycles, pedestrians, vehicles, or property. These collisions are typically caused by the following:
- Drunk driving or drugged driving
- Other road users fail to pay attention to motorbikes
- Distracted driving
- Unexpected pedestrians on the road
- Dangerous road conditions
- Faulty brakes, mirrors, or lighting
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The Connecticut Department of Transportation’s (CTDOT) latest report revealed that an average of 50 motorcyclists perish on state roadways annually. In 2021, 68 people lost their lives due to motorcycle accidents in the state, the highest number in over three decades.
What Are the Motorcycle-Specific Laws in Connecticut?
Here are some of the motorcycle-specific laws you must be aware of before you go out riding in Connecticut:
- Before riding a motorcycle, you need at least a motorcycle endorsement on your standard license.
- For 90 days after receiving a motorcycle endorsement, you are prohibited from carrying passengers on your motorcycle. The prohibition period for 16 and 17-year-olds is 6 months.
- All motorcycle riders and passengers under age 18 must wear a helmet.
- Lane splitting is prohibited.
- All motorcycles must carry liability insurance.
What are the Most Common Injuries Seen in Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accident injuries can vary from minor to severe, depending on the nature of the crash. The following are some of the prevalent injuries our motorcycle wreck attorneys have come across in Connecticut:
- Broken bones
- Muscle damage
- Road rash
- Internal injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Severe burns
- Spinal cord injuries
How is Fault Determined in a Connecticut Motorcycle Accident?
Connecticut is among U.S. states following comparative negligence regulations when determining fault in a motorcycle accident. This implies that all parties involved in the motorcycle accident can be found responsible. Here, you can only seek compensation for your physical injuries and losses if your responsibility for the motorcycle accident is 50% or less.
The four primary principles for proving the other party’s negligence in the Connecticut motorbike collision are:
- The defendant (party at fault) owed the plaintiff (you) a duty of care.
- The party at fault breached their duty of care to you.
- The defendant’s non-observance of duty of care caused your injuries.
- The plaintiff has damages or losses from the accident.
Our Connecticut motorcycle accident lawyers will gather evidence and call witnesses, as well as accident experts, to testify to help you prove the other party’s negligence in your motorcycle crash.
What Type of Compensation Can I Receive for My Motorcycle Accident?
In Connecticut, motorcycle accident victims are eligible to receive three types of damages as part of their compensation. They are:
- Economic damages: Cover calculable losses like lost wages and medical bills.
- Non-economic damages: Cover difficult-to-calculate losses like pain and suffering and loss of life enjoyment.
- Punitive damages: Meant to punish the at-fault party if their actions or inactions portrayed extreme carelessness, malice, and gross disregard for human life.
Why Was My Motorcycle Accident Claim Denied?
While pursuing compensation for your motorcycle accident claim, you should prepare for the possibility that your claim will be declined. Some of the reasons your claim may be denied are:
- The policy expired or was canceled.
- The insurance company believes the accident was your fault.
- The at-fault party was not insured under the policy.
- The insurance company doesn’t believe you were actually hurt.
- The insurance company doesn’t think that particular accident is what led to your injuries.
Are There Time Limits to Filing a Claim in Connecticut?
In Connecticut, you can only file a motorcycle accident claim within two years from the date the crash occurred. Any claims filed after the two-year window will be disregarded. This is known as the statute of limitations.
Schedule Your Free Case Review With Our Connecticut Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
A motorcycle accident can leave you with lifelong injuries and a substantial financial burden. If you have been involved in a motorbike crash, consider hiring an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer near Connecticut to help you with the claims process.
Aeton Law is home to experienced motorcycle injury attorneys in Connecticut. Let us help you win the maximum possible settlement and justice for your motorcycle accident claim. Our legal team can help you recover damages for motorcycle repairs, medical expenses, and lost wages.
Call (860) 724-2160 to schedule an appointment with our skilled Connecticut motorcycle accident attorneys. We are here to help you.