perspective view to steel blue glass building
Aeton Law Partners Whether It's Business or Personal

Personal Injury

Middletown Personal Injury and Accident Attorneys

Aeton Law Partners handles personal injury and accident claims across Connecticut. We also will take select cases in Massachusetts. We handle these cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not pay attorney’s fees unless we recover for you. Our fee comes from the recovery we obtain on your behalf. The typical attorney’s fee is 1/3 of the recovery.

Our office is centrally located in Middletown, CT and easy to access off of Exit 21 on I91. We do not require personal office visits to accept your case. We will come to your home or any location that is convenient. Contact us to evaluate your case today at 860-724-2160. We also accept calls after hours at 860-338-0428.

The early you contact an attorney involving a personal injury matter, the better evidence you will obtain to help your case. Even if you are not certain you have a claim, it is better to contact an attorney to evaluate your case. We will evaluate your case at no charge.


Aeton has years of experience handling serious injury and wrongful death cases. We are currently investigating four wrongful death claims and several serious injury matters. These cases can require considerable resources and may require the involvement of private investigation, outside experts or additional attorneys to work together. We will assemble the right team for your case. Read here for more about our serious injury and wrongful death practice.


“Personal Injury” means any damage or medical injuries you have received as a result of someone else’s negligence, carelessness or recklessness. Negligence is defined under Connecticut’s common law. It is a statewide law. In other words, a personal injury claim for negligence in New Haven involves the same law and rules for accident claims for negligence in Middletown or Hartford.

Connecticut law requires members of the public to act as a reasonably prudent person, and when one breaches the duty to do so that person may be liable for any personal injuries or property damage another person sustains as a result. If injuries are “foreseeable” from someone’s unreasonable conduct, they may be held responsible for negligence. Negligence claims allow injured persons to seek fair, just, and reasonable damages. This includes damages for medical bills, lost wages, impairment of earning capacity, and pain and suffering. The law also allows recovery for permanent injuries or a change in the activities of daily living.

An accident can happen anywhere: a slip and fall at a grocery store, a motor vehicle accident on your local road, or while a pedestrian on a sidewalk. If you have been injured as a result of another’s negligence then you may seek the help of a personal injury attorney. A personal injury attorney can help you navigate the sometimes confusing world of insurance claims and help you get compensation for your injuries.


No. Oftentimes, a person who causes an injury (known as a tortfeasor) may have insurance to help cover payment for the damages that person causes. If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, for example, the person who hit you will likely have motor vehicle liability insurance. In fact, Connecticut law requires motor vehicle owners to carry insurance. If this happens, the tortfeasor’s insurance company may contact you and offer to settle your claim quickly. Before you accept an offer from another insurance company you may want to speak to a personal injury lawyer to ensure that you are being fully compensated for your injuries, lost wages, pain and suffering and any other damages caused by the accident. A personal injury attorney can help you with that process and, if you are unable to settle, a personal injury attorney may be able to bring a lawsuit on your behalf to protect your rights.

You may be forced to file a lawsuit if you are unable to reach a settlement. In Connecticut, a lawsuit can be filed in several different judicial districts. For example, if you are in motor vehicle accident and you live in Hartford and the Defendant (the person you are suing) lives in Middletown, you may bring your accident lawsuit in either the judicial district of Hartford or the judicial district of Middlesex. If you live in Vernon and the Defendant lives in Cromwell, you may bring your personal injury lawsuit to the judicial district of Tolland, the judicial district of Hartford, or the judicial district of Middlesex. In addition, there are some cases where your car accident happens in another state outside of Connecticut and you can bring your lawsuit here in Connecticut. Your personal injury attorney can help to determine where to bring your personal injury lawsuit if necessary.


The most important thing to do if you have been in a motor vehicle accident or have been injured is to seek medical help if you need it. If you have gone to an emergency room and been discharged it is important to carefully consider you discharge instructions. If it is recommended you follow up with your family doctor or primary care physician, you should do so. After evaluation, your primary care physician may refer you to proper specialists or to physical therapy, if necessary. It is always important to follow the sound advice of your doctor.

Make sure to get copies of your medical records and bills, and keep receipts for any out of pocket medical expenses, such as co-pays, you have incurred.

If possible, you should also take photographs of your damages, such as damage to your motor vehicle and any bruises or injuries you have. If you have been injured in a slip and fall, take photos of where you fell and what you fell on and the conditions surrounding the scene. If you have been injured by a defective product, do not throw the defective product away.

We handle personal injury cases all across Connecticut (including accident claims in Middletown, Hartford, New Haven, Waterbury, and Bridgeport) and select cases in Massachusetts. If you have been injured by the negligence, carelessness or recklessness of a person or business, please contact us to schedule a consultation. There is no cost for a consultation to discuss a personal injury matter. Our firm handles a broad range of personal injury matters, including:

  • Motor vehicle accidents. After a motor vehicle accident, the police will investigate and typically find one party at fault. We have seen many circumstances where the police investigation is incomplete, unfair, or just wrong. We typically interview all the witnesses to an accident even if the police already have done so. What we find are many details left out and sometimes a completely different story.
  • Slip and falls. In Connecticut, the issue of responsibility for a fall down is not necessarily who owns the property. Instead, the law requires the persona in control of the property to maintain the premises in a reasonably safe manner. This may mean a tenant or store owner, and not the owner of the property. For example, the law requires the means of entrance and exits to stores to be reasonably safe.
  • Dog bites. Under Connecticut’s statutory law, dog owners are responsible for injuries caused by a dog bite. Does the dog bite statute only cover bites? The answer is no. The dog bite statute covers situation where a dog causes injuries from knocking you down or jumping on you. We recently successfully settled a significant case under the dog bite statute when there was no bite. Instead, a dog was let off a leash and knocked over an elderly woman breaking her hip.
  • Fires and Explosions. We have years of experience handling injury and damage cases from fires and explosions. This includes working with and against many of the local and state-wide experts in these cases. Read here for more about our fire, explosions, and gas leak practice.
  • Defective products. Product liability claims are brought under a specific statute in Connecticut called the Product Liability Act. Read here for more about our products practice.
  • Professional negligence. When professionals cause an injury, the law evaluates the wrongful conduct based on the standard of care for the particular profession. For example, if you are injured by medical negligence, the doctor’s negligence will be determined by whether the doctor violated the standard of care in the industry.
  • Intentional Torts/Assaults. Intentional torts refers to conduct that is more than negligent. This may involve and assault and battery or intentional injury claim.

Contact us for more information to make an appointment.